CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

My Red-headed Step-child


Ok-so I swore I would never let my child run around like this, but I guess I will have to eat my words. The whole running around in a diaper thing, etc... One of our friends called us over for burgers and hot dogs with all the kids. I was forewarned that the entertainment for the kiddos was a big pile of dirt in the back yard and to dress accordingly. So, we donned our play clothes and shoes and off we went. Good thing Grant was about to outgrow his, because I don't think they are salvagable. My boys were filthy when we got done, but they had a blast. Hey, boys will be boys. I guess I will have to get used to this dirt stuff.
My grandpa at one time or another called me, my sisters, and my cousins red-headed step-children. Although none of us had red hair like him, I think he always wished one of us would have taken the Ellis red hair gene. I know he would have been so proud of Grant's red hair. So grandpa-this one's for you. You now officially have a red-headed step-child.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

They had so much fun!!! Thank goodness for those play clothes! I love the blog.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that about the Ellis red hair gene. That last pic is priceless!

Erin said...

Wonder what Mama Sam thinks about him running around dressed like that. Looks like y'all had fun!

Mary Ellen said...

I love the red hair! Great pics. I guess I'll have to get used to dirt pretty soon too. Hope to see you guys soon.

Stephanie Trapp said...

Such a cute pic! I so find myself sometimes letting Lillie Kate do things I swore I would never let her do!