CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Ski Town USA






Matt and I just returned from a ski trip with 3 other couples. We went to Steamboat and had an awesome time! One of the couples would not fly on the same plane with one another, so the girls flew on American and the guys flew on Continental. We arrived in Steamboat within 10 minutes of eachother. On the return trip the guys weren't so lucky. They kept getting layed over. We got back to Batesville at 10:00 and the guys got back about 1 am. Sorry guys, it could have just as easily been us. We ate some GREAT food (pizza really). If you ever have the opportunity to eat at a Beau Jo's Pizza, I highly recommend it. I am working on finding a recipe for a similar crust. I will be sure to post if I am successful. They give you honey to dip your crust in when you get to that part. Soooo good! Matt was really good, and I was just fair. We had some BIG laughs and one BIG cry (yes, it was me-I was sooo tired). No major injuries to speak of. We got up early each morning, had a big breakfast in our condo, and left out for the lifts early, skied till we could ski no more, melted our muscles in the hot tub on the back deck (awesome view), then got dressed and went to dinner. I added a couple of pics of Matt and I acting silly posing action shots and check out the pic in the slideshow a couple of posts down of a pic of a hot air balloon that was high in the air, and we were looking down on it. Pretty cool. Matt and I also skied by a moose on our last run, but I couldn't get my camera out fast enough to take a picture, but it was pretty cool. I could have ran my hand down its back as I skied right beside it. Beach next year anyone???

2 comments:

Stephanie Trapp said...

Enjoyed the pics! It looks like you all had a lot of fun! I've only been skiing once but would love to go again sometime. The picture with the hot air balloon is so neat. It's hard to believe that you were up higher than the balloon!

Anonymous said...

I have only been skiing once and really have no desire to go again, but glad that you had fun!