CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Playing Catch Up

I know, I know! I have been a terrible blogger. The last post was from November, sheesh. I will try to recap the past couple of months into one and vow to do better (for a while anyway).

I'll start with the boys birthday party. Can you say nightmare??? Everything was set to go for them to have their party together at a local venue, known at our house as the jumping party place. All is going according to plan, when Grant comes down with a stomach bug. After much discussion about who is going to stay home with Grant, Matt's sister graciuosly volunteers to stay home with him if we will take Alex with us to the party. I say, it's because Grant is her favorite, but she will deny it to the end of time-haha. So, off we go to "local venue" where we wait, and wait, and wait (you get the point) for someone to show up. 15 minutes into the actual party time, and us calling everyone we can think of, we decide to change venues. Luckily, by the grace of God, it was a beautiful day! We all caravaned down to the city park. However, being the nice day that it was, all the "good" playgrounds and pavillions were taken already, so we were left with the crappiest park area. I was making it pretty well until Rhett from the back seat says, "but mom, I thought it was my birthday." Talk about breaking your heart:( At that point, I began to sob. We got all unloaded and the kids had a blast, I think because no one ever takes them to that one, they thought it was new and cool. Thank you to all my friends who continued on the journey to find an open park in our caravan! Mrs. Linda, thanks for the awesome birthday cake. It was perfect. Grant was feeling much better by that night. However, the next day, we all started coming down with the bug, even Laura. What a weekend!

Thanksgiving was a whirlwind. We ate lunch in Batesville, then immediately jumped in the car to Van Buren, where we had Thanksgiving dinner with my mom's side of the family. It was seriously like a zoo. We tried to get a group shot which didn't work out so well (you'll see). My dad forefitted his meal for us to leave early and take the boys to the Arkansas/LSU football game on Friday. They had a blast. The weather held out for the most part until half-time. Then it began to rain. We made it to Searcy and watched the 4th quarter from Chili's. Rhett kept telling people, "We're at that football game."

Christmas was so much fun with both boys really being excited about it. We really got into all of the Christmas excitement. We baked cookies, Rhett went caroling, picking out our tree and decorating it (3 or 4 times-it kept falling over), shopping, and wrapping, parading, etc...

We got to see all of both of our families. It was kind of like the never ending Christmas in that we celebrated with a different family every day for almost an entire week.





Rhett really wanted a 4 wheeler and all Grant wanted was a hat. How could Rhett get a 4 wheeler and grant just a hat??? So, both boys got 4 wheelers and a few hats each. They also got an awesome playground at their Mom Tom's and Big Mac's house to play with when they go over there.

I also have say kudos to Matt (with help from his sister) on my Christmas gift. I got a necklace with a tag for each boy with their names (first and middle, which is very special to me because their middle names are family names) and their birthdays. It is something I have wanted for a while and I LOVE IT!!! I also was handed down a family heirloom, I guess you would say. I got a ring of my Nanny's. It is something that I have hoped for since I was a little girl. Oh, and what do you know, we were plagued with the stomach bug again at our house. Lindsey (my youngest sister) came down with it on Christmas Day night. I locked her in my bedroom and was the Lysol Queen. Luckily we kept that one under control. For 5 days in all, sometime in December and January, we ad some snow/ice days. A couple of the boys friends came over for a couple of the days to play so their parents could go to work. Can you believe everyone doesn't get off for snow??? I am so glad I am a teacher! We had fun sledding, baking cookies, playing together! All in all, we had a terrific holiday!






The End!

0 comments: