CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Rhett Goes to Wal-Mart! Well, Almost

I was scrounging through the cabinets, as I do most nights, trying to figure out what I was going to cook for dinner tonight when this began to unfold... I decided to make creamy nachos (which is super easy and good, so I will post the recipe) for dinner and realized that I was short a couple ingredients. Rhett was sitting on the other side of the bar and I was making conversation with him and asked him jokingly if he would run to Wal-Mart to get some cream of chicken soup and a can of ranch beans. He said that yes he would, but that he would have to go get dressed. As he was walking away, he also said that he did not need any help or anyone to go with him. I thought it pretty funny, so I walked in where Matt was on the computer to tell him and we got to talking about something else. I had actually forgotten about mine and Rhett's conversation when we heard the front door open and then shut. We both jumped up and followed Rhett around to the garage where we found him sitting in the front seat of my car trying to put his seat belt on, at which point I am thinking, at least he is a safe driver. He then says to me, "I don't know how to drive." So needless to say, we have now had the conversation about how he can't go anywhere by himself. He has been so independent from the get go, it really comes as no surprise to me that he would think that he could go to Wal-Mart all by himself. I really figured he would have taken off walking though. Not till you are 16 buddy!

3 comments:

Stephanie Trapp said...

That is hilarious!!! Thanks for sharing! :)

Kathy said...

Oh my gosh! I can just see him, serious as ever, I don't know how to drive.... Hilarious. You're going to have to watch him!!!

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Love it!